Pervasive Database Connection

Alex Le Dain

What is the best way to access a Pervasive database on another machine?

cheers, Alex.

Bryan Olson

Alex Le Dain wrote, in entirety:
What is the best way to access a Pervasive database on another machine?

The best way, is, well ... Pervasively!

Sorry. I can be kida a jerk like that.

People often do get get hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars worth
of consultation from these groups, for free, by asking the right
questions. Or by asking the questions right, which is the same thing but
different.

Focus. Be absolutely clear. What is it you need to know?

sp1d3rx

Use the pervasive client. You'll need the SDK to actually access any
data though.

Neil Hughes

What is the best way to access a Pervasive database on another machine?

Assuming you mean the Pervasive.SQL DBMS...

....depends what you're trying to do and what you're comfortable with.
Pervasive can be accessed through various access methods, e.g. low-level
C (Btrieve) and Java APIs, ODBC/JDBC, .Net, etc.

For quick-and-dirty utilities and queries I tend to use the old Python
ODBC driver and I've dabbled with Jython+zxJDBC.

For production code I have the luxury of a tried-and-tested C wrapper
developed in-house as a DLL, so I can use that through c-types.