open source linux -> windows database connectivity?

Tony Schmidt

I am trying to read a Pervasive database on a Windows machine from a
Python script on a Linux machine.

I understand that this can be done with a proprietary ODBC-to-ODBC
bridge called mxODBC or Easysoft OOB.

Is there anyway to do this with existing free/ open source tools?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Tony Schmidt

Note: The client part of this product is free. You only need to
get a license for the server part.

Yeah, but don't I need the server part to make the connection?

Would it be possible to use Jython and the Pervasive JDBC driver for
this?