ANN: eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Feb 9, 2012.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________
    ANNOUNCEMENT

    mxODBC Zope Database Adapter

    Version 2.0.2

    for Zope and the Plone CMS

    Available for Zope 2.10 and later on
    Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Zope-DA-2.0.2-GA.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter allows you to easily connect
    your Zope or Plone installation to just about any database backend on
    the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially
    supported eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC
    standard as middle-tier architecture.

    The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope
    itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data
    sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux,
    Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.

    This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting
    environments where stability and high performance are a top priority,
    establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone
    CMS.

    Product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

    NEWS

    We are pleased to announce a new version 2.0.2 of our mxODBC Zope DA
    product.

    With the patch level 2.0.2 release we have updated the integrated
    mxODBC Python Extension to the latest 3.1.1 release, which
    includes a number of important workarounds for these ODBC drivers:

    * Oracle 10gR1 and 10gR2
    * Oracle 11gR1 and 11gR2
    * Teradata 13
    * Netezza

    Due to popular demand, we have also added instructions on how to
    install mxODBC Zope DA 2.0 with Plone 4.1 and Zope 2.13 - even though
    this combination is not officially supported by the mxODBC Zope DA 2.0
    series:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/#Installation

    UPGRADING

    Licenses purchased for version 2.0.x of the mxODBC Zope DA will continue
    to work with the 2.0.2 patch level release.

    Licenses purchased for version 1.0.x of the mxODBC Zope DA will not
    work with version 2.0. More information about available licenses
    is available on the product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/#Licensing

    Compared to the popular mxODBC Zope DA 1.0, version 2.0 offers
    these enhancements:

    * Includes mxODBC 3.1 with updated support for many current ODBC
    drivers, giving you more portability and features for a wider
    range of database backends.

    * Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.

    * Plone 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 support. Plone 4.1 works as well.

    * Zope 2.10, 2.11, 2.12 support. Zope 2.13 works as well.

    * Python 2.4 - 2.6 support.

    * Zero maintenance support to automatically reconnect the
    Zope connection after a network or database problem.

    * More flexible Unicode support with options to work with
    pure Unicode, plain strings or mixed setups - even for
    databases that don't support Unicode

    * Automatic and transparent text encoding and decoding

    * More flexible date/time support including options to work
    with Python datetime objects, mxDateTime, strings or tuples

    * New decimal support to have the Zope DA return decimal
    column values using Python's decimal objects.

    * Fully eggified to simplify easy_install and zc.buildout based
    installation

    MORE INFORMATION

    For more information on the mxODBC Zope Database Adapter, licensing
    and download instructions, please visit our web-site:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

    You can buy mxODBC Zope DA licenses online from the eGenix.com shop at:

    http://shop.egenix.com/

    Thank you,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Feb 09 2012)

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Feb 9, 2012