Phantom folder in path

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tfs, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. tfs

    tfs Guest

    My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.

    The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
    authentication web.config setup.

    Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:

    http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp

    After I go the login page the same page looks like this:

    http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn)/vdw/default.asp

    All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
    ..

    What would be causing this?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    http://www.usenet.com
    tfs, Jun 27, 2004

  2. On 27 Jun 2004 02:02:34 -0500, tfs
    <-spam.invalid> wrote:

    > My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
    >
    > The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
    > authentication web.config setup.
    >
    > Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
    >
    > http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
    >
    > After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
    >
    > http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn)/vdw/default.asp
    >
    > All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
    > .
    >
    > What would be causing this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    > http://www.usenet.com

    The number is coming from cookieless sessions, which you must have turned
    on. This is used to track sessions when cookies aren't to be used. Check
    in your web.config, there's a flag (boolean) that turns this on/off.

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    Craig Deelsnyder, Jun 27, 2004

  3. "Craig Deelsnyder" <cdeelsny@no_spam_4_meyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On 27 Jun 2004 02:02:34 -0500, tfs
    > <-spam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
    > >
    > > The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
    > > authentication web.config setup.
    > >
    > > Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
    > >
    > > http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
    > >
    > > After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
    > >
    > > http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn)/vdw/default.asp
    > >
    > > All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
    > > .
    > >
    > > What would be causing this?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Tom
    > >

    > > Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    > > ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    > > http://www.usenet.com

    > The number is coming from cookieless sessions, which you must have turned
    > on. This is used to track sessions when cookies aren't to be used. Check
    > in your web.config, there's a flag (boolean) that turns this on/off.

    That was it.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Thomas Scheiderich, Jun 27, 2004
  4. "tfs" <-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
    >
    > The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
    > authentication web.config setup.
    >
    > Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
    >
    > http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
    >
    > After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
    >
    > http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn)/vdw/default.asp
    >
    > All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
    > .
    >
    > What would be causing this?

    Cookieless session state.
    --