php5 or asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hey

    I'm about to start developing a website. My problem is that I'm not sure if
    I should go for php or asp.net. I would prefer asp.net but all I got is the
    Visual studio 2003 c# standard, (it's not the full version of visual studio,
    it contains c# and asp.net)... I fear that if I set a lot of effort into
    using asp.net I will in the end discover more bugs in my visual studio....

    I see there are something called visual web developer express which can be
    downloaded. I guess it has some limitaion so asp.net pages generated from it
    can not be used in a production environment, am I right?

    I purchased visual studio 2003 standard about 2 years ago, i bought the
    standard version because it was only c# and asp.net I was interested in.

    I do not subscribe to MSDN so I don't get the latest bugfixes in the visual
    studio.

    asp.net has some cool features such as adrotator, I guess something similar
    could be done in php5 too, but I don't like to use so much 3.party
    tools.....

    I have the development environment for both asp.net and php5 set up on my
    computer.

    What do you recommend (php or asp.net)??

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Hi Jeff,

    Visual Web Developer Express is free and can be used commercially to create
    as many ASP.NET 2.0 Web sites as you want in C# or VB.

    I highly recommend it.

    Just download your copy here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/

    BTW, don't be surprised that people favour ASP.NET here. <grin>

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 26, 2006

  3. Jeff

    Bipin_Expert Guest

    Hi Jeff,
    I have been developing applications in PHP as well as ASP 3.0
    previously. But since ASP.Net have been introduced it's much easier and
    faster to develop web-applications and services as compared to any
    other available options. As the power of .Net framework which was not
    there in ASP, PHP was performing better than it. So in that case I use
    to prefer PHP. But since ASP.Net my opinion is also that you should use
    ASP.NET

    Regards,
    Bipin Kesharwani
    (Developer)

    Palewar Techno Solutions
    Pocket PC & Mobile Software Development
    Nagpur, India

    http://www.palewar.com

    Bipin_Expert, Jun 26, 2006
  4. Jeff

    Jon Paal Guest

    since you're browsing around... look into cold fusion, it's the easiest of all

    Jon Paal, Jun 26, 2006
  5. and that is to total truth!
    --
    thanks (as always)
    some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Sep 7, 2006