PHPMYADMIN|MySQL5|RubyonRails|Apache

Baxter Baxter

This is the configuration I am trying to use , but I am kinda in a spot
where I cannot figure out how to access phpmyadmin with Rails running.
Let me explain ..
Rails starts out running @ localhost:3000 , so would I not install
phpmyadmin to be something like localhost:3000/phpmyadmin just as if I
were using it with just apache. ( I have tried to put it there but cant
access it via the browser, thought about making a link to it inside RUby
pages if that will work to see ) also what is strange is I think I have
mucked up my apache config as it localhost by itself no longer brings a
page at just localhost , but yet Rails URLS still work this is strange
to me as it seems as if Apache is not even running but it is.

Phillip Gawlowski

Baxter Baxter

Yeah..hmm.. well apparently the version of Ruby does a lot more than I
thought, I was trying to manually configure the apache2.conf files and
all this other needless stuff , that the latest version of Ruby on Rails
already does on install, and actually everything really was working out
of the box until I stated changing it haha, I realized .So once I went
back to the original apache2.conf file., phpmyadim worked fine.
BTW phpmyadmin is a really great tool for managing mysql databases, I am
quite capable at the commandline too, but if I am going that route I
might as well use Oracle because it has a really nice command line
interface. Never the less , I like to have a more visual view of table
hierarchy, which I know you can do at the command line, but its just
more adaptable. Besides all that, I am working on getting thru a
tutorial book on Rails and the guy uses phpmyadmin and the command line
interface , so in order to keep up with him , I needed to have both
going.

Baxter Baxter

Baxter said:
[...]

oh yeah also to correct what I said at first ,
if you are using phpmyadmin with Rails, its where is usually is
http://localhost.com/phpmyadmin