    individual concepts is distributed among parts one and three...

    --
    Tobias Weber
    Tobias Weber, May 27, 2008

  2. Tobias Weber

    Ilan Berci Guest

    Tobias Weber wrote:

    > Do I have to buy the 2nd edition PDF?
    > Or dcan you recommend sth that's free to download?

    Tobias,

    You can always display the ruby Rdocs for your long train rides.

    IMHO, I wouldn't recommend PickAxe 3 for 1.8 as it is geared towards 1.9
    and 1.9 will not be backwards compatible to 1.8.

    If you are new to the language, there are some really cool things coming
    in 1.9 that will only confuse you if you are getting up to speed with
    1.8.

    As for Dloads, you can dload the first version of the Pickaxe book (ruby
    1.6) but it's out dated for most things at this point.

    hth

    ilan

    Ilan Berci, May 28, 2008