pickling objects in jython

Shahin Saadati

Hi,
The following sample code is to pickle and unpickle an object. It works
fine with CPython, but the unpickling fails in Jython and I receive an
error stating that "A" is unsafe to unpickle (even though I believe I
have the code to make "A" safe for unpickling). What do I do wrong and
how can I fix it?
Thanks,

import sys
import cPickle
import copy_reg

class A(object):
__slots__ = ("x","y")
__safe_for_unpickling__ = True
def __init__(self, a, b):
self.x = a
self.y = b
def __str__(self):
return str(self.__getstate__())
def __reduce__(self):
return (self.__class__.__name__, self.__getstate__())
def __new__(cls, a, b):
return object.__new__(cls)
def __getnewargs__(self):
return self.__getstate__()