PIL and ReportsLab error

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jason Koch, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Jason Koch

    Jason Koch Guest

    Hello,
    I am trying to produce pdf files from tiffs and I keep getting this
    error. Does anyone
    have any tips on this one. I am using the ReportLab package with the PIL.

    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 309, in
    _getdecoder
    raise IOError("decoder %s not available" % decoder_name)
    IOError: decoder group4 not available

    Thanks,

    --
    Jason Koch
    NovaSys Health

    Work: 501-219-4444 ext. 608
    Work: 1-800-294-3557 ext. 608
    Mobile: 501-977-6701

    This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, or copying of this communication, or disclosure of all or any part of its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy this message and delete any copies held in your electronic files. Thank you.

    Jason Koch, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Jason Koch

    Larry Bates Guest

    PIL doesn't support compressed TIF files. You must
    uncompress them prior to trying to place them. I
    use tiffcp utility via os.system call to uncompress
    TIF files, then place them into my .PDF file.

    Larry Bates
    Syscon, Inc.

    Larry Bates, Jan 6, 2005