pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: hiredis

jobmattcon

http://heynemann.github.io/r3/

C:\heynemann-r3-cc6b4eb\build\lib\r3\app>r3-app --red
is-port=6379 --redis-pass=r3 -c config.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\r3-app-script.py", line 5, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 2709, in <module>
working_set.require(__requires__)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 664, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 567, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: hiredis

[5700] 17 Mar 11:31:43.819 # Warning: no config file specified, using the defaul
t config. In order to specify a config file use C:\Users\martin.lee\Downloads\re
dis-2.6\bin\release\redis-server.exe /path/to/redis.conf
[5700] 17 Mar 11:31:43.828 # Warning: 32 bit instance detected but no memory lim
it set. Setting 3 GB maxmemory limit with 'noeviction' policy now.
_._
_.-``__ ''-._
_.-`` `. `_. ''-._ Redis 2.6.12 (00000000/0) 32 bit
.-`` .-```. ```\/ _.,_ ''-._
( ' , .-` | `, ) Running in stand alone mode
|`-._`-...-` __...-.``-._|'` _.-'| Port: 6379
| `-._ `._ / _.-' | PID: 5700
`-._ `-._ `-./ _.-' _.-'
|`-._`-._ `-.__.-' _.-'_.-'|
| `-._`-._ _.-'_.-' | http://redis.io
`-._ `-._`-.__.-'_.-' _.-'
|`-._`-._ `-.__.-' _.-'_.-'|
| `-._`-._ _.-'_.-' |
`-._ `-._`-.__.-'_.-' _.-'
`-._ `-.__.-' _.-'
`-._ _.-'
`-.__.-'

[5700] 17 Mar 11:31:43.829 # Server started, Redis version 2.6.12
[5700] 17 Mar 11:31:43.829 * The server is now ready to accept connections on po

jobmattcon

first time run command to start r3, it has already got error
r3-app --redis-port=6379 --redis-pass=r3 -c config.py

writes:

[a dump of text terminal output]

Did you have something to say about this? Perhaps a question, with

details of what you're expecting and what happened instead?

--

\ "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do |

`\ it from religious conviction." --Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), |

_o__) Pensées, #894. |

Ben Finney

jobmattcon

this is a specific tool related with python

http://heynemann.github.io/r3/

i am trying to do a simple example like the diagram in the web page
describe and then use with sympy to massive generate functions and plot and print into a directory

Chris Angelico

this is a specific tool related with python

http://heynemann.github.io/r3/

i am trying to do a simple example like the diagram in the web page
describe and then use with sympy to massive generate functions and plot and print into a directory

1) You've already been asked not to top-post. Please, read the
Wikipedia page Ben linked you to.

2) If you put no effort into your question, why should we put effort
into the answer?

3) You're asking about a particular program. Unless you can show that
the problem you're having is specific to Python, you'll probably do
better to ask the author of that program. Look around and see if s/he
has a recommended means of getting assistance - maybe a mailing list.

4) You still haven't explained your problem at all. While we might be
flattered at the implication that our skills are so great that we're
psychic, we're more likely to be frustrated by the utter lack of
information.

Please read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

ChrisA

Steven D'Aprano

this is a specific tool related with python

http://heynemann.github.io/r3/

i am trying to do a simple example like the diagram in the web page
describe and then use with sympy to massive generate functions and plot
and print into a directory

I'm afraid that unless you can identify where the problem lies, we
probably won't be able to help you.

I've used sympy, but I haven't used r3 or redis. Can you confirm:

- is redis is working outside of Python?

- can you get sympy working without r3?

- have you installed r3 successfully? how do you know?

- can you demonstrate the SIMPLEST possible piece of
code that shows the failure?

Reading this website may help. Although it is written for Java, the same
principles apply to Python:

http://www.sscce.org/

Good luck!

And by the way, although most of us will try to be tolerant towards minor
breaches of etiquette, we do prefer interleaved posting like this:
Question blah blah?
Answer.

Another question?

Further answers.