Playing with CSS

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. We are all Google employees. And we are watching you Luigi.

I wrote "many of you" not "all of you".
You wrote so much about Google and so little about other search engines to
begin with...
For example how many of you have talked about Russian search engines?
How many about Japanese search engines?
How many about Chinese search engines?
What about Estonian, Finnish and Hungarian search engines?
Or perhaps some local search engine in Tasmania?
But we are international, aren´t we?
And there are probably some Japanese and Chinese and Russians writing in
these NGs as well, aren´t they?
So, why not talking about other SE as well?
About me now.
No matter who you are why are you watching just me?

dorayme

Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. We are all Google employees. And we are watching you Luigi.

I wrote "many of you" not "all of you".[/QUOTE]

Sorry, a slip on my part. Let me re-pharse:

Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. Many of us are Google employees. And we are watching you
Luigi.
No matter who you are why are you watching just me?

To see how you are going in the Google family. We worry about
you, what ranking you have, how happy you are with the service
etc. We don't mean to invade your privacy at all. We just care
for you and want the best for you.

Yours sincerely

googlewoogly

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
part
on

I wrote "many of you" not "all of you".

Sorry, a slip on my part. Let me re-pharse:[/QUOTE]

Do you mean "rephrase", perhaps?
Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. Many of us are Google employees. And we are watching you
Luigi.

To see how you are going in the Google family. We worry about
you, what ranking you have, how happy you are with the service
etc. We don't mean to invade your privacy at all. We just care
for you and want the best for you.

It sounds nice but it does not explain, yet, why you are watching just
me...
Yours sincerely

googlewoogly

Why do you use the nickname "dorayme"?
Or if it is not a nickname, what is it then?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
part
on

I wrote "many of you" not "all of you".

Sorry, a slip on my part. Let me re-pharse:

Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. Many of us are Google employees. And we are watching you
Luigi.[/QUOTE]

Are you not allowed by Google to use your own name when you write on NGs,
then or is it your personal choice not to do so?

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
It sounds nice but it does not explain, yet, why you are watching just
me...

You have been chosen at random to be a study from among those who
are highly security minded, will have no one else in their men's
business. Like when ethnologists go out and put a transmitter on
a bird's leg to track it to see where it goes and so to build up
a picture about such birds. You are the little lucky tweetie on
this occasion.

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Are you not allowed by Google to use your own name when you write on NGs,
then or is it your personal choice not to do so?

I will let you into a little secret Luigi, my real name is a
cruel trick by my father. He named me after a long boring raving
essay he wrote whilst quite drunk, more than 10,000 words. Do you
blame me for choosing something a bit more succinct?

Toby Inkster

Beauregard said:
You would show your pedanties in public? <wow!> Oh wait. Pedantries.

[tai@ophelia (pts/5) ~]$ dict pedanty
1 definition found

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

Pedanty \Ped"ant*y\, n.
An assembly or clique of pedants. [Obs.] --Milton.
[tai@ophelia (pts/5) ~]$

Toby Inkster

dorayme said:
Finally! The penny has dropped! You have realised what is going
on. Many of us are Google employees. And we are watching you
Luigi.

And those that are not Google employees are still watching Luigi,
albeit on an amateur basis.

googlewoogly

Luigi Donatello Asero

Toby Inkster said:
And those that are not Google employees are still watching Luigi,
albeit on an amateur basis.

googlewoogly

Why do they do that then?
Would they have watched me even if they had met in person?
(Can you keep a secret?
I met someone a while ago.... When I saw her,
I said "hej" and I called her name, so she turned towards me and as soon as
she realized that it was me she seemed to be very happy indeed..... I felt
happy as well.....when I noticed how she had reacted....
When I met her the following time, she did not smile when I said "hej".
I do not know why, yet)

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Why do they do that then?

Your business is a bellwether for all the one-man businesses in
the world and as such, is very important.

Would they have watched me even if they had met in person?

They might or might not, depending on who they are. The amateurs
are likely to give up more easily.

(Can you keep a secret?

Not really I'm afraid...

I met someone a while ago.... When I saw her,
I said "hej" and I called her name, so she turned towards me and as soon as
she realized that it was me she seemed to be very happy indeed..... I felt
happy as well.....when I noticed how she had reacted....
When I met her the following time, she did not smile when I said "hej".
I do not know why, yet)

Too much of a good thing? Not the same thrilling surprise the
second time around?

But sorry, Luigi, I can't stop, must go and gossip, and tell
others about this...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Your business is a bellwether for all the one-man businesses in
the world and as such, is very important.

GULP!
Just to mention one thing
the website https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
which is the main website of my one-man business
was criticized very hardly in this NG until not long ago.
Apart from that how come that the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html is not even among top ten
at Google when you people are working at Google (other search engines rank
it among top 10 for "la Svezia)
if you consider (why on earth then?) my business a bellwether for all the
one-man businesses in the world.
In any case, now a part of this website is for registered users, so one-man
businesses in the world are welcome to send letters or fax, when they want
to get in touch for the first time...
They might or might not, depending on who they are. The amateurs
are likely to give up more easily.

It depends on what we are talking about.
Not really I'm afraid...

Too much of a good thing? Not the same thrilling surprise the
second time around?

Well, I was happy but surprised myself when she reacted that way, the first
time...
perhaps she was surprised that I had remembered her name, perhaps she had
visited the website..
(but again, how good or bad it is for most users, actually)
I also thought that under the circumstances it would have been difficult to
talk to her that time...
so, I went on walking....
But sorry, Luigi, I can't stop, must go and gossip, and tell
others about this...
I guess that it is what happened..(people gossiping)
..the point is that I do not know who and what the others said about what had
happened...
But yes, I am under the impression that people might have gossiped...

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
GULP!
Just to mention one thing
the website https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
which is the main website of my one-man business
was criticized very hardly in this NG until not long ago.

Ah but you disengaged the stylesheet for a while. You jumped up
in the rankings then.

Apart from that how come that the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html is not even among top ten
at Google when you people are working at Google (other search engines rank
it among top 10 for "la Svezia)
if you consider (why on earth then?) my business a bellwether for all the
one-man businesses in the world.

It is exactly because you are not in the top ten, that you are a
bellwether. Most businesses are not in the top ten. It is hard to
know why, out of millions of businesses, they are mostly not in
the top ten, but it does seem to be some sort of mysterious rule.
Who knows?

Well, I was happy but surprised myself when she reacted that way, the first
time...
perhaps she was surprised that I had remembered her name, perhaps she had
visited the website..
(but again, how good or bad it is for most users, actually)
I also thought that under the circumstances it would have been difficult to
talk to her that time...
so, I went on walking....

The other possibility is this: at the time she smiled, you had
the stylesheet turned on, the other time, you had it back on thus
wiping the smile of her face because she felt the same way as
me...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Ah but you disengaged the stylesheet for a while.

Which one?

You jumped up
in the rankings then.

It is exactly because you are not in the top ten, that you are a
bellwether. Most businesses are not in the top ten.

So if most of them are not, why should mine be a bellwether and not another?
The other possibility is this: at the time she smiled, you had
the stylesheet turned on, the other time, you had it back on thus
wiping the smile of her face because she felt the same way as
me...

Could you explain it further, please?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I will let you into a little secret Luigi, my real name is a
cruel trick by my father. He named me after a long boring raving
essay he wrote whilst quite drunk, more than 10,000 words. Do you
blame me for choosing something a bit more succinct?

You could have written your real name and that you want others to use your
nickname, instead.
As far as I know, you did not do that.

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
What does that have to do with what I had written before or with the
website?

It makes it difficult to have a smooth off topic conversation.
Smoothness is as important as freedom on Saturday

dorayme

I will let you into a little secret Luigi, my real name is a
cruel trick by my father. He named me after a long boring raving
essay he wrote whilst quite drunk, more than 10,000 words. Do you
blame me for choosing something a bit more succinct?

You could have written your real name and that you want others to use your
nickname, instead.
As far as I know, you did not do that.[/QUOTE]

Luigi, are you not taking me seriously? Do you really want me to
show you the whole mad essay?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
You could have written your real name and that you want others to use your
nickname, instead.
As far as I know, you did not do that.

Luigi, are you not taking me seriously? Do you really want me to
show you the whole mad essay?[/QUOTE]

No, I do not trust Google.