please don't laugh! sun certification via Mac OS X?????

WhiteGoldWielder

I know that Macs are supposed to be the laughing stock of the world,
but hopefully they are on their way out of that, now that they have
a unix-based OS, which I feel gives them some claim to respectibility.

In any case, is there anyone who can give me advice on preparing for
the sun java certification exam from mac os?

"Transcender" - which is supposed to be the best exam simulation company -
makes no products for mac, and this is very disturbing.

Is my only hope to get windows simulation for my mac, and then
proceed? Perhaps...

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Anonymous

WhiteGoldWielder said:
I know that Macs are supposed to be the laughing stock of the world,
but hopefully they are on their way out of that, now that they have
a unix-based OS, which I feel gives them some claim to respectibility.

In any case, is there anyone who can give me advice on preparing for
the sun java certification exam from mac os?

"Transcender" - which is supposed to be the best exam simulation company -
makes no products for mac, and this is very disturbing.

Is my only hope to get windows simulation for my mac, and then
proceed? Perhaps...

You certainly don't need a desktop exam simulator - there are
plenty of HTML and applet based simulators. Mine at
http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/
is one of the oldest - should work fine on your Mac.
Bill

jon

Hi,

I passed my SCJP and I studied on a Mac OS X machine. There are lots
of good web based study aids if you know where to look. I list a few
of my favs below...

Test based references:
-http://www.janeg.ca/scjp/lang/source.html
-http://www.javaranch.com/game.jsp

Mock Exams Sites
-http://www.danchisholm.net/ (very good)
-http://www.akgupta.com/Java/mock_exam.htm

and anyone who laughs is a fool. I develop Java on my Mac at no
disadvantage. I run Apache, Tomcat, mySQL, PHP. OS X is excellent for
development.

best,

jon

http://www.gurupika.com/
http://forums.gurupika.com/

Drew Volpe

Last time we met said:
Hi,

I passed my SCJP and I studied on a Mac OS X machine. There are lots
of good web based study aids if you know where to look. I list a few
of my favs below...

Test based references:
-http://www.janeg.ca/scjp/lang/source.html
-http://www.javaranch.com/game.jsp

Mock Exams Sites
-http://www.danchisholm.net/ (very good)
-http://www.akgupta.com/Java/mock_exam.htm

and anyone who laughs is a fool. I develop Java on my Mac at no
disadvantage. I run Apache, Tomcat, mySQL, PHP. OS X is excellent for
development.

Seconded. OS X is a great development platform.

dv

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.

Drew Volpe, mylastname at hcs o harvard o edu

Harald Hein

Drew Volpe said:
Seconded. OS X is a great development platform.

It's Unix. That's the least one can expect from a Unix system. I only
wish Apple would be a little bit faster in porting the latest
SDKs/JREs.