Please Help ----------Free Downloadable Ebooks for C & C++ Language needed

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:

I appreciate the fact that you rarely respond to this particular troll.

Thank you.
I believe it would be better for the newsgroup if you *never* did so.

It's certainly your right to hold that belief.
If you really believe that engaging KM in conversation is somehow
better than completely ignoring him, I'm at a loss to understand how
you've reached that conclusion, and I would appreciate a clarification.

People can change (as we've seen here recently), but KM shows no
signs of doing so.

On at least two occasions recently, KM has posted articles that show a
certain degree of thought and common sense. I don't say I agree with what
he wrote on those occasions, and I don't even intend to dig them out to
remind myself of what he said, but they weren't the usual trolling
nonsense. So perhaps he /is/ showing early signs of gaining a clue or two.
Or perhaps not - it's a little early to tell.
Until and unless he does, I will ignore him, and
I advise everyone else to do the same. If directing this advice to
you really won't do any good, I'll stop.

Like you, I recognise the damage that trolls do to newsgroups. Unlike you, I
don't necessarily agree that replying to trolling is *always* a bad thing.
I will continue to take each article as it comes.

Kenny McCormack

Richard Heathfield said:
Kenny McCormack said: [the usual]
I can always rely on the truth. Your agreeing or otherwise with Mark
McIntyre is of no relevance to the truth as far as I can see. I am,
however, inevitably reminded of a comment of Jonathan Swift's, which seems
particularly pertinent.

Richard, *please* stop feeding the troll.

You are *such* a baby. Do you realize what a cretin you end up looking
like?

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said: [...]
Until and unless he does, I will ignore him, and
I advise everyone else to do the same. If directing this advice to
you really won't do any good, I'll stop.

Like you, I recognise the damage that trolls do to
newsgroups. Unlike you, I don't necessarily agree that replying to
trolling is *always* a bad thing. I will continue to take each
article as it comes.

Thank you for the explanation. I continue to hold the opinion that KM
should be completely ignored until and unless his behavior improves
drastically (an occasional sensible statement doesn't suffice), but
I'll refrain from bugging you about it in the future.

Kenny McCormack

Keith Thompson said:
Thank you for the explanation. I continue to hold the opinion that KM
should be completely ignored until and unless his behavior improves
drastically (an occasional sensible statement doesn't suffice), but
I'll refrain from bugging you about it in the future.

That would be nice. We'll see how well your resolve holds.
Good luck.

Richard Heathfield

Kenny McCormack said:
You are *such* a baby. Do you realize what a cretin you end up looking
like?

He ends up looking like a concerned and responsible member of this
newsgroup, who is trying to reduce the traffic noise caused by idiotic
articles that contribute nothing to anyone's knowledge of C, written by
those who lack the capacity to contribute positively to the group and would
rather contribute negatively than say nothing at all.

Whilst I do not always see eye to eye with Keith Thompson, I nevertheless
recognise - as any sensible subscriber to this group does - that he is a
mature, responsible, and intelligent person with a very good grasp of the
raison d'etre of this group. It is trivially easy, and contemptible, to
throw childish insults at one's betters. It is much more difficult, but far
more praiseworthy, to learn from their example and their teaching.

Default User

Richard said:
Default User said:

That person isn't me. I have occasionally mentioned the noise level
of the newsgroup, and the last time I did so was after some weeks of
hesitation. I prefer to discuss C. Don't you?

Yes, I was unnecessarily unpleasant.

Brian

Mark McIntyre

Kenny McCormack said:
(who cares)

Richard, you do realise that were it not for your replies to Kenny
McTrollmack, I and many others here would be spared his tripe?
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Richard Heathfield

Mark McIntyre said:
(who cares)

Richard, you do realise that were it not for your replies to Kenny
McTrollmack, I and many others here would be spared his tripe?

Mark, you do realise that you can't read my articles ever since you plonked
me?

Mark McIntyre

Mark McIntyre said:

Mark, you do realise that you can't read my articles ever since you plonked
me?

Like drunks in all good Westerns, you got 30 days in the slammer, no
time off for good behaviour.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Richard Heathfield

Mark McIntyre said:
Like drunks in all good Westerns, you got 30 days in the slammer, no
time off for good behaviour.

Sounds like it's time for a few more beers.