Please help me to pass a file!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Daniel Johansson, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Hello everyone

    Im am trying to pass a binary file from a web service to a client.(managed
    c++)
    I wan´t to use dataset.
    If I put down the files in a dataset I loose information
    I got the tip the use DIME
    It doesn´t work.
    Not with WSE 1.0 SP1 or WSE 2.0
    If I choose to enable the WSE on "WSE Settings" under the "Project"
    I get the errormessage
    "The WSE must be installed to enable this feature"
    can this be of importance? Do I need a service pack 2 to .NET?
    Have I missed anything during the installation process?
    Are there any other possibility to:

    "pass a binary file in a dataset from a web service to a client"

    This is my problem, and it must have been solved before, again, the problem
    must have been solved before. I can´t be the first person with this problem.

    Hence my question is? Is this even possible? I´m pretty sure that I use a
    correct
    syntax, I have been in contact with Christian Meyer, MVP and he is also
    pretty sure
    that my code is accurate.

    With the upmost highest regards

    // Daniel