Please help on script failures

Paul in San Diego

I just moved my Corvette Club's website (www.cocsd.com) to another Unix
server that offered a lot more space. I've got lots of changes to make to
the site but the first thing is to get the login area to work again.

The Members Only area is supposed to allow us members with access, to log in
and update rasters, d/l files etc. I changed the info in the script config
files to indicate where the site is now loaded, but all the scripts fail.
Suggestions are DEARLY APPRECIATED!

I'm a part-time amateur on web design but scripting is not one of my strong
points!

Thanks
Paul in San Diego

Tad McClellan

The Members Only area is supposed to allow us members with access, to log in
and update rasters, d/l files etc. I changed the info in the script config
files to indicate where the site is now loaded, but all the scripts fail.
Suggestions are DEARLY APPRECIATED!

I'm a part-time amateur on web design but scripting is not one of my strong
points!

Then you must not have written the code being used, eh?

The First Suggestion is to read the documentation that came
with whatever (nameless) software you've gotten.

The Second Suggestion is to contact the person/company that
you got the software from for technical support.

The Third Suggestion is to look in your server logs and
see if there are any helpful messages in there.

If none of those work, consider hiring someone who *is* a programmer
to fix it up for you.

dan baker

Paul in San Diego said:
I just moved my Corvette Club's website ... I changed the info in the script config
files to indicate where the site is now loaded, but all the scripts fail.

the more specific you can be about error messages, the better guesses
people can make. Did you get a server 500 error? If you moved the
files and did not chmod the scripts to rwxr-xr-x that might be your
first problem. Then, you might want to ask the Host admin if there are
any special naming convensions they have set up to limit or control
execution...