PLEASE HELP

Default User

I won't argue.

The usual lies from Kenny. The argument wasn't over top-posting or not,
it's whether it was useful to have posts that were solely about the
subject.

I came up with a compromise that seemed to resolve things adequately.
Yes. He seems to be fighting a losing battle to ensure that courtesy
is maintained.

I'm not admitting that it's a losing fight at all!

Brian

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Kenny McCormack wrote: [the usual]
Yes. He seems to be fighting a losing battle to ensure that courtesy
is maintained.
Nettiquette is part of USENET courtesy. See (for example):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
[...]

Kenny McCormack is a self-proclaimed troll.

I've been around comp.lang.c for long enough to know that you've been
around comp.lang.c for long enough to know that Dann Corbit has been around
comp.lang.c for long enough to know this already.

Sure, but other readers might not (which is why I posted to the
newsgroup rather than sending e-mail), and it's not inconceivable that
a reminder could be of some benefit. If Dann makes it clear that he
disagrees with me on this, I won't bug him about it again, just as
I've already decided not to bug you about it again.

Kenneth Brody

For me, sometimes I don't have a problem with top-posting (e.g. when
you are replying to a single line and it is directly below your post).

But where is the person who replies to your reply supposed to write?
On the other hand, as a habit -- and when a tiny response is posted
above a large message -- I find it quite annoying. This is especially
the case when the bit that they are replying to is buried somewhere
down deep in the message.

Hence the reason for trimming and in-line posting, rather than a strict
"bottom-posting", which IMHO is almost as bad as strict top-posting.

[...]

pete

Bob said:
I'm sick of this top-posting / bottom-posting fascism.
Let people do what they want,

I agree. What people want to do,
is to tell you to stop top posting in this newsgroup.
I can handle it.

Apparently not, if as you say, it makes you sick.

Richard Bos

O > (e-mail address removed) wrote:
n > [...]t > > when you are replying to a single line and it is directly below
h > > your post).
e >
> But where is the person who replies to your reply supposed to write?
s >
i > > On the other hand, as a habit -- and when a tiny response is
d > > posted above a large message -- I find it quite annoying. This is
e > > especially the case when the bit that they are replying to is
.. > > buried somewhere down deep in the message.

Richard

Bob Martin

in 709022 20061206 005834 pete said:
I agree. What people want to do,
is to tell you to stop top posting in this newsgroup.

Apparently not, if as you say, it makes you sick.

Please concentrate, Pete.
a) I didn't / don't top-post
b) I can handle other people top-posting
c) I'm only sick of people moaning, and moaning, and moaning, about other people top-posting.
Geddit?

pete

Bob Martin wrote:
Please concentrate, Pete.
a) I didn't / don't top-post

Sorry about that.
b) I can handle other people top-posting
c) I'm only sick of people moaning, and moaning, and moaning,
about other people top-posting.
Geddit?

Yes. Good luck.