    especially important), cPanel with e-mail filtering and SpamAssassin,
    CGI-bin and SSL, no porn hosting on shared servers, decent support. Less
    important: cost. I'll truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!!
    John Cluster, Jun 12, 2007

  2. John Cluster

    Ed Mullen Guest

    John Cluster wrote:
    > Getting ready to switch the provider of hosting services. Please recommend
    > a good, reliable USA-based host for a nothing-special site (language
    > translation). Most important: max uptime, very reliable e-mail (this is
    > especially important), cPanel with e-mail filtering and SpamAssassin,
    > CGI-bin and SSL, no porn hosting on shared servers, decent support. Less
    > important: cost. I'll truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!!

    I use 1&1 for a site I manage and have found it very good and inexpensive.

    http://1and1.com/

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 12, 2007

  3. John Cluster

    Guest

    On Jun 12, 12:42 pm, "John Cluster" <>
    wrote:
    > Getting ready to switch the provider of hosting services. Please recommend
    > a good, reliable USA-based host for a nothing-special site (language
    > translation). Most important: max uptime, very reliable e-mail (this is
    > especially important), cPanel with e-mail filtering and SpamAssassin,
    > CGI-bin and SSL, no porn hosting on shared servers, decent support. Less
    > important: cost. I'll truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!!

    I highly recommend nohasslehosting.net

    great rates, all the features you need, and superior service.
    , Jun 12, 2007
  4. John Cluster

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Jun 12, 11:42 am, "John Cluster" <>
    wrote:
    > Getting ready to switch the provider of hosting services. Please recommend
    > a good, reliable USA-based host for a nothing-special site (language
    > translation). Most important: max uptime, very reliable e-mail (this is
    > especially important), cPanel with e-mail filtering and SpamAssassin,
    > CGI-bin and SSL, no porn hosting on shared servers, decent support. Less
    > important: cost. I'll truly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!!

    I have been using www.hostexcellence.com for a few years. Their site
    gives you details, and they likely support more than you will ever
    use. They are part of an international hosting service, and their
    servers for the US are in Kentucky. You have your choice of Linux or
    Windows servers. There is 24/7 help. They do not host adult sites.
    They seem to have good mail service, but I do not use my domain for
    much mail. I believe you can cancel with them at any time with a
    refund. No matter what host you choose, it might be well to keep your
    old host going for a while to make certain the new host is right for
    you before you cancel the old one. There is a glut of hosts, so take
    the time to shop around, if you can.
    cwdjrxyz, Jun 13, 2007