please reply.......

1

1234java

what happend internally when we start the server ? explain step by
step bcz iam new to web application ?

Lew

what happend internally when we start the server ? explain step by
step bcz iam new to web application ?

A gentle hint for Usenet - pick a subject line that hints at your question,
such as, "What happens when we start the server?"

Let's pick just one server, Apache Tomcat,
<http://tomcat.apache.org/>

There are so many that I couldn't talk about all of them in reasonable time.

Tomcat starts an instance of the JVM, then runs code to read its deployment
files, finally it settles into the configured port(s) and listens for incoming
requests.

When it receives a request, it uses the request URL to determine which
application should handle the request.

Applications are bundles of Java code and other resources that receive
requests, perform business logic and create responses, typically web pages, to
send back.

The server starts up certain bundles of Java code in the application called
servlets, made known to the server through another one of those deployment
files. The URL determines the servlet chosen, according to rules from the
deployment descriptor. The server creates or recalls an instance of that
servlet class and invokes its service() method, returning the constructed
response back to the client.

There are a lot more details available via the Tomcat link. GIYF.

Mark Space

what happend internally when we start the server ? explain step by
step bcz iam new to web application ?

If you are new, the best way to learn is to deploy some apps. Learn
what the apps actually do, and what configurations the apps can use to
modify their behavior. Then try configuring your own server just on
your own computer. Try different configurations, just to see what happens.

Start small work your way up...

Roedy Green

what happend internally when we start the server ? explain step by
step bcz iam new to web application ?

First Java.exe fires up. Then in starts running the main class of the
Servlet womb. It then opens up sockets and waits for incoming
requests from the web. When one comes it, it look at the header,
looks at its tables to figure out which program will process it. It
then hands if off to that program. The first the program in used,
their is a delay while it is loaded. Thereafter it just uses the same
copy.

You also fire up the Database engine. It is usually not written in
Java. It wakes up and opens sockets waiting for database requests
,which come from the Servlets running in the womb.

In more complex systems, you have socket pooling, database connection
pooling, and caching.

You might learn more by running your womb with -verbose and examining
logs.

Owen Jacobson

First Java.exe fires up.  Then in starts running the main class of the
Servlet womb.

I've been meaning to ask, since you use this in your FAQ too: why
"womb" rather than "container"?