    I am a beginner for c
    please tell what r the websites provide the entire c language operation
    I can able to learn from it and explore

    venkatesh, Oct 15, 2005

  2. venkatesh

    shan Guest

    shan, Oct 15, 2005

  3. venkatesh

    venkatesh Guest

    thank u shan I got it from u
    in that site all are useful

    venkatesh, Oct 15, 2005
  4. <> wrote:
    >I am a beginner for c
    >please tell what r the websites provide the entire c language operation
    >I can able to learn from it and explore

    I doubt you will find "the entire c language operation" concentrated
    in a few web sites. Even if something like that was available, keep on
    mind that learning a new programming language takes years.

    (Yes, years. We can all write a simple "hello world" program in a new
    program/environment in a mater of minutes, but to learn about and
    internalize all the idioms, patterns, common knowledge, available
    libraries, things that work as expected and things that don't, etc.,
    takes much longer than what most of us think.)

    In the meantime, welcome to C, and, to get started, take a look at:

    http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/
    http://www.quut.com/c/c-www/

    Roberto Waltman
    [ please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Oct 15, 2005
  5. venkatesh

    Malcolm Guest

    "Roberto Waltman" <> wrote

    > I doubt you will find "the entire c language operation" concentrated
    > in a few web sites. Even if something like that was available, keep on
    > mind that learning a new programming language takes years.
    >
    > (Yes, years. We can all write a simple "hello world" program in a new
    > program/environment in a mater of minutes, but to learn about and
    > internalize all the idioms, patterns, common knowledge, available
    > libraries, things that work as expected and things that don't, etc.,
    > takes much longer than what most of us think.)

    There's a lot of truth in that. For instance I had to do a project in Java
    recently. A year later, and I am still not happy about anonymous classes - I
    simply never used them, but they are part of the language and maybe
    idiomatic. I also never got the automatic documentation generator to work.

    Then there's the endless fiddling with the computer. Sun's Java IDE has this
    strange idea about "mounting directories" which means that output files end
    up in funny places and sometimes projects refuse to compile. Eventually you
    mount and remount the directiories and it does the right thing. Fiddling is
    a permanent situation with computers, because you are constantly using
    systems for the first time.

    This is why (getting back on topic) it is so important to stick to a stable
    language like C for the bulk of your work.

    Malcolm, Oct 15, 2005
  6. "venkatesh" <> writes:
    > thank u shan I got it from u
    > in that site all are useful

    Welcome to comp.lang.c. If you're going to be following the newsgroup
    regularly, here's some advice.

    The groups.google.com interface is broken. You can post properly
    through it, but the method is carefully hidden. It's important to
    provide some context; don't assume your readers can see the article
    to which you're replying.

    You should also usually delete any quoted text that's not relevant to
    your followup.

    We're not too picky about spelling and grammar, but *please* take the
    time to spell out words. Abbreviations like "u" for "you" make it
    very difficult to read what you write.

    If you can get a copy of _The C Programming Language_, 2nd edition, by
    Kernighan and Ritchie (K&R2), do so. It's generally considered to be
    the best introduction to the language. (No, it's not available
    online.)

    If you have questions, it's very likely that they've already been
    asked and answered here. Before posting, check the C Frequently Asked
    Questions List (FAQ) at <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/faq.html>.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 15, 2005
  7. Richard Heathfield, Oct 15, 2005
  8. venkatesh

    Das Guest

    HI Venkatesh,
    venkatesh wrote:
    > thank u for accept my question n your group
    > I am a beginner for c

    No problem. C is veryvast nobody can say they no everything.
    everybody here is a learner.

    > please tell what r the websites provide the entire c language operation
    > I can able to learn from it and explore

    Thanks for your interest. But as some one else has pointed out there is
    no single website to address the C language is true.

    You have to explore. I guess you are an indian and there are some good
    introductory books available from indian authour. first master them.
    Then go for the ultimate kerninghan's book.

    after that depending on your interest choose a suitable way to the
    freedom.

    Das, Oct 16, 2005
  9. venkatesh

    Joe Estock Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "venkatesh" <> writes:
    >
    >>thank u shan I got it from u
    >>in that site all are useful

    [snip]
    > If you can get a copy of _The C Programming Language_, 2nd edition, by
    > Kernighan and Ritchie (K&R2), do so. It's generally considered to be
    > the best introduction to the language. (No, it's not available
    > online.)

    Actually yes it is. You can *usually* find it on amazon.com, but no
    promises. I picked mine up from there for around $20 or so (maybe a
    little more or less, it's been a while).

    Joe Estock, Oct 16, 2005
  10. Joe Estock <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> "venkatesh" <> writes:
    >>
    >>>thank u shan I got it from u
    >>>in that site all are useful

    > [snip]
    >> If you can get a copy of _The C Programming Language_, 2nd edition, by
    >> Kernighan and Ritchie (K&R2), do so. It's generally considered to be
    >> the best introduction to the language. (No, it's not available
    >> online.)

    > Actually yes it is. You can *usually* find it on amazon.com, but no
    > promises. I picked mine up from there for around $20 or so (maybe a
    > little more or less, it's been a while).

    I meant that it's not available legally as a soft copy (as far as I
    know).

    Keith Thompson, Oct 16, 2005
  11. venkatesh

    Old Wolf Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > There's a lot of truth in that. For instance I had to do a project
    > in Java recently. A year later, and I am still not happy about
    > anonymous classes - I simply never used them, but they are part of
    > the language and maybe idiomatic. I also never got the automatic
    > documentation generator to work.

    Perhaps you need better instructional materials.

    > Then there's the endless fiddling with the computer. Sun's Java IDE
    > has this strange idea about "mounting directories" which means that
    > output files end up in funny places and sometimes projects refuse
    > to compile.
    >
    > This is why (getting back on topic) it is so important to stick to
    > a stable language like C for the bulk of your work.

    The problem you describe is clearly an IDE problem, and irrelevant
    to the language specification. There are other free IDEs that
    do not have that problem.

    Old Wolf, Oct 16, 2005
  12. venkatesh a écrit :
    > thank u for accept my question n your group
    > I am a beginner for c
    > please tell what r the websites provide the entire c language operation
    > I can able to learn from it and explore

    Please learn to spell English. I can't read you.

    --
    C is a sharp tool

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Oct 16, 2005