plugins

Matthias Haack

Hi,

is there any FAQ or Tutorial on the web where I can get information
about how to implement plugins and load them at runtime like netscape or
mozilla do?

I've never did that before ;-(

thanks,
Matthias

John Harrison

Matthias Haack said:
Hi,

is there any FAQ or Tutorial on the web where I can get information
about how to implement plugins and load them at runtime like netscape or
mozilla do?

I've never did that before ;-(

What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does not deal in
platform specific topics.

The obvious place to look for what you want are the Netscape and mozilla web
sites. The last time I looked at this (which was a long time ago) the
Netscape site had excellent documentation on writing plugins for their
browser.

john

Matthias Haack

Hi John,
What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does not deal in
platform specific topics.

obviously I am _not_ searching for a FAQ to write only netscape plugins
(which only served as an example). I just need a faq or tutorial which
describes how to do it generally with C++.

Matthias

John Harrison

Matthias Haack said:
Hi John,

obviously I am _not_ searching for a FAQ to write only netscape plugins
(which only served as an example). I just need a faq or tutorial which
describes how to do it generally with C++.

OK, well then it should also be obvious that is a platform specific
question. How you do it depends greatly on whether you are programming
Windows, MacOS, Unix, etc. etc.

So your question is both off topic and unanswerable (because you didn't
specify which platform).

Have a look at this groups welcome message. It contains a list of groups for
specific platforms, so you can ask on whichever is right for you.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

john

Rolf Magnus

John said:
OK, well then it should also be obvious that is a platform specific
question.

Why is this obvious? Not everyone knows that C++ doesn't have built-in
support for dynamically loading parts of your program code.