    Matthias
    --
    mail:
    Matthias Haack, May 9, 2004

  2. [OT] Re: plugins

    "Matthias Haack" <> wrote in message
    news:c7kprn$p7$-Aachen.DE...
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there any FAQ or Tutorial on the web where I can get information
    > about how to implement plugins and load them at runtime like netscape or
    > mozilla do?
    >
    > I've never did that before ;-(

    What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does not deal in
    platform specific topics.

    The obvious place to look for what you want are the Netscape and mozilla web
    sites. The last time I looked at this (which was a long time ago) the
    Netscape site had excellent documentation on writing plugins for their
    browser.

    john
    John Harrison, May 9, 2004

  3. Re: [OT] Re: plugins

    Hi John,

    > What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does not deal in
    > platform specific topics.

    obviously I am _not_ searching for a FAQ to write only netscape plugins
    (which only served as an example). I just need a faq or tutorial which
    describes how to do it generally with C++.

    Matthias
    --
    mail:
    Matthias Haack, May 9, 2004
  4. Re: [OT] Re: plugins

    > Hi John,
    >
    > > What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does not

    deal in
    > > platform specific topics.

    > obviously I am _not_ searching for a FAQ to write only netscape plugins
    > (which only served as an example). I just need a faq or tutorial which
    > describes how to do it generally with C++.

    OK, well then it should also be obvious that is a platform specific
    question. How you do it depends greatly on whether you are programming
    Windows, MacOS, Unix, etc. etc.

    So your question is both off topic and unanswerable (because you didn't
    specify which platform).

    Have a look at this groups welcome message. It contains a list of groups for
    specific platforms, so you can ask on whichever is right for you.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    john
    John Harrison, May 9, 2004
  5. Matthias Haack

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: plugins

    John Harrison wrote:

    > "Matthias Haack" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> > What does that have to do with the C++ language? This group does
    >> > not

    > deal in
    >> > platform specific topics.

    >> obviously I am _not_ searching for a FAQ to write only netscape
    >> plugins (which only served as an example). I just need a faq or
    >> tutorial which describes how to do it generally with C++.
    >>

    > OK, well then it should also be obvious that is a platform specific
    > question.

    Why is this obvious? Not everyone knows that C++ doesn't have built-in
    support for dynamically loading parts of your program code.

    --
    "computer games don't affect kids. I mean if pac man affected us as
    kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills"
    Rolf Magnus, May 9, 2004