Populate Datagrid from Client side

Vijay Kerji

Hi All,

I have a parent page. It will pop up a modal dialog (by calling show
modal dialog) window. Dialog window will return a long string which
will be parsed at the client side(say as first and last names). Now I
need to populate the datagrid with these string data.
Is it possible and if it is, how it can be done???

Thanks in advance

Vijay Kerji

Eliyahu Goldin

Vijay,

To populate on client side is not a problem. DataGrid renders to a <table>.
You just need to navigate through table rows and cells in javascript, find
the cells you need to modify (or insert a row) and set the cell's innerText
property to the parsed values.

A bigger question is if you need to communicate the changes to the server.

Eliyahu