    the "Are you sure you want to delete?" with yes/no options? What are ways
    to do this?

    Thanks for your help. Am new to this, so I may have just missed it.
    et, Oct 18, 2005

  2. et wrote:

    > Am I correct in that Popup dialog boxes are not available in asp.net?
    > Like the "Are you sure you want to delete?" with yes/no options?
    > What are ways to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for your help. Am new to this, so I may have just missed it.

    This is client side, so you will need to use Javascript.

    Dirc Khan-Evans, Oct 18, 2005

  3. et,

    You need to use javascript for this.

    If you would like some examples I have a few useful javascripts in a
    Javascript component I built and give away free on my website at:
    http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=javascript

    The code is free and comes with all source as a visual studio.net 2003
    project. There is also a downloadable help file for all the objects
    available on my site.

    Feel free to email me if you have any questions. The code you'd want to look
    at in the javascript object is in the "Confirmations" section.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Oct 18, 2005
  4. et

    Guest

    Use the Attributes.Add method to assign a JavaScript variable to the
    button:

    btnDelete.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:if(confirm('Do you
    really want to delete the record?')== false) return false;")
    , Oct 18, 2005

    Dirc Khan-Evans, Oct 19, 2005
  6. et

    Ferret Face Guest

    I have implemented a method of using a Panel (a.k.a. DIV layer) that would
    become visible after a certain event has occured to avoid some popup
    blockers.

    The only problem is that DIV layers cannot appear on top of Selection lists.

    Ferret Face, Oct 19, 2005