Popup dialog boxes?

et

Am I correct in that Popup dialog boxes are not available in asp.net? Like
the "Are you sure you want to delete?" with yes/no options? What are ways
to do this?

Thanks for your help. Am new to this, so I may have just missed it.

Dirc Khan-Evans

et said:
Am I correct in that Popup dialog boxes are not available in asp.net?
Like the "Are you sure you want to delete?" with yes/no options?
What are ways to do this?

Thanks for your help. Am new to this, so I may have just missed it.

This is client side, so you will need to use Javascript.

S. Justin Gengo

et,

You need to use javascript for this.

If you would like some examples I have a few useful javascripts in a
Javascript component I built and give away free on my website at:
http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=javascript

The code is free and comes with all source as a visual studio.net 2003
project. There is also a downloadable help file for all the objects
available on my site.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. The code you'd want to look
at in the javascript object is in the "Confirmations" section.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

ScottStoecker

Use the Attributes.Add method to assign a JavaScript variable to the
button:

btnDelete.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:if(confirm('Do you
really want to delete the record?')== false) return false;")

Dirc Khan-Evans

et said:
Am I correct in that Popup dialog boxes are not available in asp.net?
Like the "Are you sure you want to delete?" with yes/no options?
What are ways to do this?

Thanks for your help. Am new to this, so I may have just missed it.

This is client side, so you will need to use Javascript.

Ferret Face

I have implemented a method of using a Panel (a.k.a. DIV layer) that would
become visible after a certain event has occured to avoid some popup
blockers.

The only problem is that DIV layers cannot appear on top of Selection lists.