    1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript alert
    popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?
    2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?
    SibAndela, Sep 25, 2004

  2. SibAndela

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?U2liQW5kZWxh?= wrote on 25 sep 2004 in

    > Two little challenges:
    > 1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript
    > alert popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?

    You cannot.
    Serverside code only runs on the server.

    > 2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

    You cannot.
    Serverside code only runs on the server.

    You can only have ASP serverside code make an html cum clientside code
    page, that has those functions, but that doesn't seem to be what you want.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 25, 2004

  3. SibAndela

    SibAndela Guest

    What I would like is to cause a popup on the client (a second page if
    necessary) initiated or redirected from the the server side code.

    SibAndela, Sep 26, 2004
  4. SibAndela

    Joker Guest

    Once again the server has no idea what a "window" is.

    This makes it so that the server can't do that.

    This is a question that should be asked in a client side script group.

    Here are two newsgroups where you should be asking this sort of question.

    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    comp.lang.javascript

    Joker, Sep 26, 2004
  5. SibAndela

    swp Guest

    SibAndela <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Two little challenges:
    > 1. I would like to achieve the equivalent of a client side javascript alert
    > popup from server side code. Any suggestion how I can do this?
    > 2. How can I cause a beep at clientside from serverside code?

    Use javascript, in particular the "window.open" call is what you are looking for.

    swp
    swp, Sep 27, 2004