Popup window library written with IFRAME tags instead of DIV?

yogi

I have seen numerous examples of popup windows done with DIV tags
but I would like to find one implemented in IFRAMES.

I have seen menuing systems done in IFRAMES rather than DIV, such that
first of all, it's not necessary to worry about what is behind the
menu, like form elements (that can show thru the menu and ruin it's
display or force a great deal of collision logic to be implemented).

But also, so that the menu popup can display _beyond_ the extents of
the window. This is really important in the case of a context menu
popup that could easily be at the very bottom of the window, and
therefor is of great utility that the menu can display beyond the
extents of the window itself.

Every popup example I've seen thus far has either:

1) been done in DIV tags - I want to use Iframes

2) Does not display beyond the extents of the window if it is done in
IFRAMES

I plan to write a popup window system in IFRAMES that can display
beyond window extents and I'm wondering if anyone here already knows of
one or has written one and would share it.

thanks for any pointers,
Jeff Papineau
San Jose, CA
(e-mail address removed)