Porting notmm to pep 3333 and mod_wsgi

Discussion in 'Python' started by Etienne Robillard, Oct 10, 2012.

  1. Hi,

    Has PEP-3333 introduced backward incompatibilities or changes in unicode encoding
    and decoding or should this updated pep require python 3 to make mod_wsgi working with wsgi 1.0 (pep-333)
    scripts ? Moreover is it possible to use python 2.7 with mod_wsgi at all without the utf-8
    encoding errors?

    Besides theses minor Unicode encoding problems I'm glad to announce experimental mod_wsgi support for notmm
    on python 2.7.3. I will also include a sample app into the next notmm release as a proof-of-concept for Django-based
    projects but so far I haven't found more serious problems following the standard documentation in mod_wsgi 3.4...

    Furthermore this newer support for mod_wsgi should allow experimented Django developers to use mod_wsgi and Apache as an alternative to FastCGI (and nginx) for serving high-performance Django apps compiled into optimized C bindings using Cython and notmm! :)

    Cheers,
    Etienne

    --
    Etienne Robillard
    Green Tea Hackers Club

    Donations for the notmm project are accepted through Pledgie.com.
    For more info please visit:
    http://pledgie.com/campaigns/16268

    Etienne Robillard, Oct 10, 2012