Positioning of the control at runtime....

Johnson Smith

Question is related to ASP.Net and controlling the position of these
controls.
I am using html table to placce my web controls. I am displaying same
datagrid and calendar controls at clicks of different buttons.
Since I am using same control for various clicks, it is hard for me to place
the controls at runtime for my required position.
Any suggestions of doing this will be a great help.
Johnson Smith

Kevin Spencer

Hi Johnson,

I'm afraid I am having trouble understanding your question. You stated first
that you are using an HTML table for layout and positioning of controls.
Then you said that it is hard for you to "place the controls at runtime for
my required position." Can you clarify? It seems like the table is supposed
to handle your positioning. Are you talking about Controls that you add
dynamically to the page? If so, and I may be off-base here regarding the
issue, but I think what you need is a Server Control in the page that you
can add Controls to. You can make any cell in your layout table into an
HtmlTableCell Control by adding a "runat=server" attribute to it, and adding
a declaration of the class for that Control in your CodeBehind. Then you can
programmatically add Controls to it.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Dilip Krishnan

Kevin,
If you're looking for absolute positioning, you may need to add to the
style attributes the properties like Z-index, left, top etc. the
property to modify is .Style Let me know if that helps