Positioning Page

Jim McGivney

On an aspx page I have a master GridView and a details DetailsView setup so
that when a row is selected on the GridView, details of that record are
displayed in the DetailsView. The DetailsView also allows for editing the
record.
The problem: When a record is selected on the GridView the position of the
page is moved to allow viewing of the GridView, not the DetailsView.
Likewise when the EDIT button of the DetailsView is pressed the page is
repositioned so that the GridView is in view.
I would like to be able to have the DetailsView come into view when both a
record is selected on the GridView and when the EDIT button is pressed on
the DetailsView.
I am not able to accomplish this. I am not sure what EVENT to add code to.
Do I use Response.Redirect to move to a Bookmark ?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Jim