??? Possible Buffer Overflow ???

Guest

Hi...

I have a major problem with a web application I am about to launch and just
can't find out what the problem is...

I believe it might be a Buffer Overflow problem but can't pin point the
source of the error! Basically what happens is when I launch the application
on my test server it seems to take quite a while to load the fist page. The
Application is accessing an SQL server but it doesn't pull very much
information... (100 small records max...)

If I install the same app on the production server then and try and run the
application the server crashes...

Can someone please help and suggest what I'm doing wrong!

I'm new to asp.net web development so would appritiate any help

I'm using a SQL 2000 server and running IIS 6 on a 2003 server...
Framework .NET 1.1

Thanks for any help...

Karl Seguin

I don't know what kind of help you expect. is an exception thrown? What is
it? What code do you think is the cause? Can we see it?

Based on your post, the best answer I could provide is "you have code
somewhere that might be causing a buffer overflow in one environment but not
the other, hope that helps :) "

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)

Oliver Wong

Karl Seguin said:
I don't know what kind of help you expect. is an exception thrown? What is
it? What code do you think is the cause? Can we see it?

Based on your post, the best answer I could provide is "you have code
somewhere that might be causing a buffer overflow in one environment but
not the other, hope that helps :) "

In Tim's description of the problem, he doesn't even ever mention a
symptom of buffer overflow (other than crashing). For all we know, he heard
the term "buffer overflow" somewhere on the Internet, and heard it has
something to do with web development, so he figures that might be what's
wrong with his web app.

Tim, if any error messages are being produced, please state them exactly
(i.e. don't paraphrase them). Give us access to all your source code.
Describe in detail the two operating environments. Otherwise, chances are no
one's going to help you.

- Oliver