    I'm using a SQL 2000 server and running IIS 6 on a 2003 server...
    Framework .NET 1.1

    Thanks for any help...
    =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?=, Aug 31, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    I don't know what kind of help you expect. is an exception thrown? What is
    it? What code do you think is the cause? Can we see it?

    Based on your post, the best answer I could provide is "you have code
    somewhere that might be causing a buffer overflow in one environment but not
    the other, hope that helps :) "

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    annoying)

    Karl Seguin, Aug 31, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?=

    Oliver Wong Guest

    wrote in message news:...
    >I don't know what kind of help you expect. is an exception thrown? What is
    >it? What code do you think is the cause? Can we see it?
    >
    > Based on your post, the best answer I could provide is "you have code
    > somewhere that might be causing a buffer overflow in one environment but
    > not the other, hope that helps :) "

    In Tim's description of the problem, he doesn't even ever mention a
    symptom of buffer overflow (other than crashing). For all we know, he heard
    the term "buffer overflow" somewhere on the Internet, and heard it has
    something to do with web development, so he figures that might be what's
    wrong with his web app.

    Tim, if any error messages are being produced, please state them exactly
    (i.e. don't paraphrase them). Give us access to all your source code.
    Describe in detail the two operating environments. Otherwise, chances are no
    one's going to help you.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Aug 31, 2005