Possible to access data source not on local server?

Hello everyone
I have developed a web application using .asp to access a data
source on a different server than where my .asp files are stored. I've
tried to determine how to establish this connection ( to a SQL server )
to access the data source but I cannot. Is this possible and if
so...how? provided below is my connection string. Thank you!

<%
CONST POST = "POST"
CONST DBCONNSTRING = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ACC;Data
Source=\\WHTSQLNT01\BMC"
'CONST DBCONNSTRING = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial
Catalog=ACC;database=ACC;Data Source=(Local)"
'CONST DBCONNSTRING = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial
Catalog=PUBS;database=PUBS;Data Source=(Local)"
CONST APPSCOOKIENAME = "AppNumsCookie"
CONST GROUPCOOKIENAME ="GroupsCookie"
%>

sloan

Which database and which version are you using (trying to connect to
remotely)?

www.connectionstrings.com has some examples;

If you're using msde
then
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0

google that.

I'm guessing you're using trusted/integrated security, and the remote
machine isn't setup to use that account.

I'd suggest creating a non windows / sql authentication account to connect
with to the remote machine

Guest

The "Data Source" portion of your connection string looks like a UNC path, it
should look more like just the machine name (or ip address). e.g.,
Data Source=WHTSQLNT01
Peter

I should've provided a few more key details - all of my pages interact
through intranet. We are not publishing any sites for internet use. It
is true that I'm using a UNC path - we've had one developer
successfully connect across servers this way, as well as using an
access dbo in the same source as the .asp files. Very redundant method
that appears to be. I will check the site that was provided in the last
post and also try your suggestions. Hopefully I can come up with some
resolution. Thank you both for your suggestions!