post to aspx

G. Garrett Campbell

I am attempting to post a form to an aspx web site.

The site does not recognize something in the post so the response does not
match the behavior
of a browser.

In particular I am logging into a site like:
www.xyz.com/US_EN/MM/Login.aspx
with posted user/password post form information.

The browser will login, but HttpClient will not.

Is there something special about aspx??

Thanks

Roedy Green

Is there something special about aspx??

What you want to do is watch some program that knows the site, to see
what sort of messages go back and forth. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sniffer.html
I use WireShark. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/wireshark.html

One you know what you are SUPPOSED to be doing you have a much better
shot at it.

See http://mindprod.com/products.html#HTTP for a class that will do
the GET, POST etc for you and capture results.

See http://mindprod.com/products1.html#SUBMITTER to see a sample
application that pretends to be a browser, sending data to various
sites.

Other material that may help:

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cgi.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmlcheat.html#FORMS

G. Garrett Campbell

Thanks,

I found fiddler (sorry a MSFT free ware but in decodes https: as well as
http:)
but I still can not identify what is different between the browser and the
httpclient.
I set all the cookies and the header properties the same, but still doesn't
work.
Interestingly I had to read all the .gif files to get all the cookies. The
html page it self
does not incorporate all the cookies.

Next I'll try sniffer on an example http site.

Lew

G. Garrett Campbell said:

Please do not top-post. Instead, follow trim-and-inline posting.

There is a "what they're for" FAQ post to this group every five days. It's
worth reading, and following its links.