https acess aspx

G. Garrett Campbell

I am attempting to login into a variety of sites from java.
This works ok for many sites which come up with a form asking for
username/password.
One posts the result to the server and gets back a page behind the login
with various
accout information.

I got this to work for 10 sights, but it fails for several examples.
Those failing access https:/bla.bla.com/login.aspx or similar combinations.

Something is different about aspx that normal https at least from the java
perspective.

First I tried the https support built into java 1.5/1.6 that worked just for
few sites.
Better was using HttpClient which seems more general.

1. Any ideas why aspx is different?
2. Any suggestions for debugging?

Thanks,
G.G. Campbell