Postback events not fired

Guest

I've got a simple web form with one text box and one button to search a
database. II've suddenly encountered a problem where it seems the postback
events are not fired. So when I click the button to search, the page simply
refreshes as if I'm loading the page for the first time and the value in the
textbox is also gone. I know the page_load event fires because a time label
on the page updates whenever i click the button, but the button_click event
isn't being fired. Here's the catch...it happens randomly, and other times
it works fine. Also, if I change the url to something else, it works (e.g. if
i change from using the domain to the IP for the url), and it also works if I
go on another workstation. I have the same problem with both an asp.net 1.1
and a 2.0 application running on the same server.

The only thing that has changed is that I moved the application to
IIS6...but even then it was working for quite sometime until this problem
started showing up. I'm stumped and cannot figure out what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

darrel

Also, if I change the url to something else, it works (e.g. if
i change from using the domain to the IP for the url)

That sounds like it could be a sympton of load balanced servers?

-Darrel

Guest

It's only one server. No load balancing here. Could it be an issue with
multi-processors?

I saw a similar question you posted on 9/12/2006 (Subject: Our postbacks
died in IE? Work fine in Firefox!?)....that's almost exactly what's happening
here. What was your solution?

darrel

It's only one server. No load balancing here. Could it be an issue with
multi-processors?

Maybe? I honestly don't know about that.
I saw a similar question you posted on 9/12/2006 (Subject: Our postbacks
died in IE? Work fine in Firefox!?)....that's almost exactly what's
happening
here. What was your solution?

haven't found one yet. ;o)

Our problem isn't random though. Any app on this one particular server will
not postback if there are client-side validators. It works fine on any other
server.

-Darrel