User control causes postback but events do not fire

Phil Johnson

Using 3.5, we have a user control (let’s call it Container.ascx) which has an
asp:UpdatePanel with UpdateMode=â€Conditional†and EnableViewState=â€falseâ€. It
contains a table of asp:LinkButtons. In the markup, the Click event is
declared for each LinkButton. This user control is loaded dynamically from
its calling user control (Zone.ascx). After the LoadControl, it gets its ID
set.

The problem is that none of the LinkButton events for Container.ascx get
fired although postback occurs and the EVENTTARGET property on the Request
object shows the object which caused the postback correctly. The event wireup
occurs via AutoEventWireup being set to true but we’ve also tried setting the
Click event in the code behind with the same results.

Any help on this is appreciated.