PostMessage waiting for response???

Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

From the MSDN page for "PostMessage", I get:

"The PostMessage function places (posts) a message in the message
queue associated with the thread that created the specified window and
returns without waiting for the thread to process the message."

But when I call PostMessage, it waits for a response before returning
control to my program. Am I missing something?

jacob navia

Tomás Ó hÉilidhe said:
From the MSDN page for "PostMessage", I get:

"The PostMessage function places (posts) a message in the message
queue associated with the thread that created the specified window and
returns without waiting for the thread to process the message."

But when I call PostMessage, it waits for a response before returning
control to my program. Am I missing something?

You are wrong. I am using it all the time and never saw something like
what you tell us to believe.