PPM error message -- invalid token

ccc31807

Attempting to install GD::Graph with PPM, got the following error
message (copied here in fulll)

<quote>
ppm> install GD::Graph
error: can't parse
<SOFTPKG NAME="autorequire" VERSION="0,08,0,0">
<TITLE>autorequire</TITLE>
<ABSTRACT>Generate module code on demand</ABSTRACT>
<AUTHOR>Patrick LeBoutillier &lt;[email protected]&gt;</AUTHOR>
</SO</SOFTPKG>:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 6, column 6, byte 213 at C:/
Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm line
187

C:\Perl>
</quote>

I looked at Perser.pm and found nothing to fix. What's wrong, and how
can I fix it? If anyone knows.

Thanks, CC.

smallpond

</SO</SOFTPKG>:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 6, column 6, byte 213 at C:/
Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm line
187

C:\Perl>
</quote>

I looked at Perser.pm and found nothing to fix. What's wrong, and how
can I fix it? If anyone knows.

Thanks, CC.

Why would Parser.pm have a problem?
It's telling you the exact byte in your ppm file that has a problem.
My guess would be an illegal character. XML can be picky.

Peter J. Holzer

</SO</SOFTPKG>:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 6, column 6, byte 213 at C:/
Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm line
187

C:\Perl>
</quote>

I looked at Perser.pm and found nothing to fix.

If a program complains about the format of a data file, it isn't always
the program which is wrong. In this case it is the data file:
</SO</SOFTPKG>:

I agree with XML::parser that this isn't well-formed XML.

hp