    **************************************
    To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
    **************************************
    Erik van Duijn, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Erik van Duijn

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Erik van Duijn" <> wrote:

    >does anyone know a way to force the media player of Windows XP to lay in the
    >normal pop-up window-like player instead of creating a small window on the
    >left hand side of the screen. The latter namely gives problems with my
    >navigation slide menu (does not work anymore after this happens)
    >I play the WMA from wax-files so I was wondering whether I could add an
    >option or something like that in these files in order to force a normal
    >media player window.

    This is a function of your browser, nothing to do with authoring.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Hi "Spartanicus"

    please clearify your answer a bit for me (my native language is not
    english - you know ;-)
    Do you mean that it is a browser plugin?
    And if this is the case: Can't I force it to use an external program like
    mediaplayer instead of this plugin then?

    Thanks in advance
    Erik
    **************************************
    To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
    **************************************

    Erik van Duijn, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Erik van Duijn

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Erik van Duijn" <> wrote:

    >Hi "Spartanicus"

    Please do not top post (fixed this once), secondly please fix your
    newsreader config, currently the quoted message you are responding to is
    placed beneath a sig delimiter (causing it not to show up when following
    up to your message).

    >>>does anyone know a way to force the media player of Windows XP to lay in
    >>>the normal pop-up window-like player instead of creating a small window on
    >>>the left hand side of the screen.
    >>>

    >> This is a function of your browser, nothing to do with authoring.

    >please clearify your answer a bit for me

    I presume that this is how IE6 handles multimedia, look for an option in
    IE6's preferences to disable it if you don't like it. It's not caused by
    anything on the page in question, try the same page in another browser
    (Opera or Mozilla for example, or even IE5.x which doesn't have IE6's MM
    side panel) and you will see that they will open MS MediaPlayer in it's
    own window.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Jan 30, 2004