Preventing jump to top of screen during postback

Guenther Liebowitz

Is there a
way to prevent this behavior and make a web form keep it's vertical position
after a server round trip?

Yes...throw a dotnet over it.

Marina

You can use smart navigation, by turning that on on the page level, or in
web.config. However, it is known to have many bugs, so be careful and
thoroughly test your app.

Stephen Walch

This seems like it should be a FAQ, but I have searched around a bit and
have not been able to find the answer:

Everytime I do a post back to the server (for example during a checkbox
click) the screen redraws and jumps to the top of the page. This is quite a
pain in some cases because it causes the user to loose their placd; they
have to scroll the screen down again to fine the next checkbox! Is there a
way to prevent this behavior and make a web form keep it's vertical position
after a server round trip?

Thanks,

-Steve