    BTW, if I print to a printer works fine either.

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Thanks

    Mark Goldin, Dec 3, 2003

  2. "Mark Goldin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to implement a printing to file solution of a html page on the
    > server.
    > What I have is a form with a IE control that loads the page I want to

    print
    > to.
    > I am using execWB command for printing. Printer's port is set 'To file'.
    > Everything works fine when I am running that component from a desktop

    apps.
    > But when I call that component from an asp page nothing is happening.
    > I dont see any dialogs popping up on the screen.
    > BTW, if I print to a printer works fine either.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea?

    Start here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=184291

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. Mark Goldin

    Mark Goldin Guest

    I tried that, did not help.
    As I said, if I print to a printer it works fine, it only does not work when
    I print to file.

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
    > "Mark Goldin" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to implement a printing to file solution of a html page on

    the
    > > server.
    > > What I have is a form with a IE control that loads the page I want to

    > print
    > > to.
    > > I am using execWB command for printing. Printer's port is set 'To file'.
    > > Everything works fine when I am running that component from a desktop

    > apps.
    > > But when I call that component from an asp page nothing is happening.
    > > I dont see any dialogs popping up on the screen.
    > > BTW, if I print to a printer works fine either.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have an idea?

    > Start here:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=184291
    >
    > --
    > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    > http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running

    IIS

    Mark Goldin, Dec 3, 2003
  4. "Mark Goldin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I tried that, did not help.
    > > Start here:

    Instead of using a FILE: port you could create a new local port and
    enter the path to the file you want to write as the port name. You
    just need to rename it after you print so it doesn't get overwritten
    by the next job.

    Alternatively we have a product called Print Distributor on our web
    site which will name the files dynamically as you print.

    Tony Edgecombe
    www.frogmorecs.com/ng
    Software for Printing

    Tony Edgecombe, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Mark Goldin

    Mark Goldin Guest

    >just need to rename it after you print so it doesn't get overwritten
    >by the next job.

    Can this be done programmatically?

    Thanks

    Mark Goldin, Dec 4, 2003