Print using IP Address

aarthi kannan

My application needs to find a networked printer using IP address and
print the data.
As far as I know, javax.print API can be used only to print using
Printer Name (that too, only when it is added to my machine).. Can
someone help me printing using IP Address??

Thanks!

-Aarthi

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

aarthi said:
My application needs to find a networked printer using IP address and
print the data.
As far as I know, javax.print API can be used only to print using
Printer Name (that too, only when it is added to my machine).. Can
someone help me printing using IP Address??

Thanks!

-Aarthi

Ah, without the driver being installed? I don't know if it's possible,
you should check if the printer can accept a TCP connection and be sent
RAW data for printing (or data it can understand, without having gone
through the driver).

That's not really an issue with Java then, more with printing in
general.