printer

OZI

by using C how can I read printer spool ? I wanna convert the data that
sent to the printer to jpg format..Is this possible?

Keith Thompson

OZI said:
by using C how can I read printer spool ? I wanna convert the data that
sent to the printer to jpg format..Is this possible?

Only in some system-specific way. Try a newsgroup that deals with
your operating system.

Chris Hills

OZI said:
by using C how can I read printer spool ? I wanna convert the data that
sent to the printer to jpg format..Is this possible?

1 it depends on the OS where the printer spool is and how to redirect it
See an OS specific NG

2 You will have to find out what the format of the printer file is.
Go to the printer manufacturers web site for that.

3 you will need to understand the JPG format.
See www.wotsit.org or go to the JPG NG.

4 When you have done all that (it's called research) come back here if
you have an C specific questions. Most questions regarding the compiler
can be found on the compiler vendors web site or a compiler specific NG

santosh

OZI said:
I wanna do that for windows and linux !!! help pls

Please quote what you're replying to.

As others have already noted, what you're asking needs system specific
routines to accomplish. I suspect that the methods is different for
Windows and Linux.

For Linux try comp.unix.programmer, comp.os.linux.* etc.
For Windows try comp.os.ms-windows.programming, MSDN etc.

There're also several excellent websites and mailing lists for both
platforms. A quick search will turn up more than you can chew.