Printing a large form

Robert Mark Bram

Hi All,

I have a requirement to print a large form with many fields (entered through
a separate data entry form). Due to the nature of the field and the way the
clients wants the printed version laid out, I have to insert spaces and
force line breaks to keep the page within a pixel width. Unfortunately, this
means I cannot reliably say which rows should have a page break after them
because it may change from instance to instance..

Is there a way to tell the 'current pixel height' of a page as it is being
rendered so I can make a decision about whether or not to insert a page
break?

Has anyone else faced such a problem with page to print?

Any advice is most appreciated!

Rob
:)

Jeff North

| Hi All,
|
| I have a requirement to print a large form with many fields (entered through
| a separate data entry form). Due to the nature of the field and the way the
| clients wants the printed version laid out, I have to insert spaces and
| force line breaks to keep the page within a pixel width. Unfortunately, this
| means I cannot reliably say which rows should have a page break after them
| because it may change from instance to instance..
|
| Is there a way to tell the 'current pixel height' of a page as it is being
| rendered so I can make a decision about whether or not to insert a page
| break?
|
| Has anyone else faced such a problem with page to print?
|
| Any advice is most appreciated!
|
| Rob
| :)

I think if you want such control you'll have to go the PDF route.

Robert Mark Bram

Hi Jeff,
I think if you want such control you'll have to go the PDF route.

Unfortunately I have already suggested this and had it refused. :-/

Rob
:)