Printing Envelopes From the Web

Matt

We have clients asking that we provide an easy way to print envelops
from within our web applications. These envelopes need to be pretty
advanced, and need to include a bar code and maybe even a logo. My
boss wants a solution where we simply "push" the Word or ODF file to
the client's computer and it automatically prints on their printer.
I actually think that is what our clients are hoping for as well.
I've told him I am pretty darn sure that can't be done, because both
Word and Open Office files may contain viruses.

My suggestion has been to generate a Word or ODF file that the user
can download, open and then print. Alternatively, we could probably
generate a PDF to accomplish the same thing. These solutions might
involve extra steps, but I know they are possible.

I want to make sure there isn't some other alternative we haven't
considered, so I thought I would email this group and see if anyone
has some suggestions as to how they would approach this problem. Also,
comments on the approaches discussed above would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

-Lost

This should sum it up for you: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_23