    Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

    Help appreciated
    Gary

    Gary, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Gary wrote:
    > I need to read a table from MySQL into a Perl script (already
    > working) and then be able to print fields from the table
    > selectively using a print button which is part of the HTML/CGI.
    >
    > Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

    Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
    included in your studies.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "Gunnar Hjalmarsson" <> wrote in message
    > Gary wrote:
    > > I need to read a table from MySQL into a Perl script (already
    > > working) and then be able to print fields from the table
    > > selectively using a print button which is part of the HTML/CGI.
    > >
    > > Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

    > Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
    > included in your studies.
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Please do not post cryptic RTFM answers. If you do not know keep quiet.

    Gary

    Gary, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Gary wrote:
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
    >> Gary wrote:
    >>> I need to read a table from MySQL into a Perl script (already
    >>> working) and then be able to print fields from the table
    >>> selectively using a print button which is part of the HTML/CGI.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

    >> Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
    >> included in your studies.

    > Please do not post cryptic RTFM answers. If you do not know keep
    > quiet.

    But I know rather well.

    If you are not ready to study the docs, please stop posting to Usenet
    groups that discuss the Perl language. Go here instead:

    http://jobs.perl.org/

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Gary

    > Gary wrote:
    > > Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

    > >> Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
    > >> included in your studies.

    > > Please do not post cryptic RTFM answers. If you do not know keep
    > > quiet.

    > But I know rather well.
    >
    > If you are not ready to study the docs, please stop posting to Usenet
    > groups that discuss the Perl language. Go here instead:
    >
    > http://jobs.perl.org/
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    What do you know 'rather well'. Certainly not English!

    You spend all your time posting about how not to post or trying to appear
    smart.

    i.e.

    Roy Johnson wrote:
    > First of all, this is no longer a valid public newsgroup. You will
    > reach more people at comp.lang.perl.misc

    To which group OP posted as well yesterday. A case of multi-posting.
    You answered in clpmisc as well, btw. :)

    To Stuart: Do *not* multi-post!

    ======

    What is the point - Again just keep quiet please or your noise may put off
    real answers !

    I am sure I am not the first to notice your complete lack of any real
    assistance in favour of static and bravado.

    Please do not bother to reply, as this really is a waste of my time when I
    could be reading perldoc !

    Gary

    Gary, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Gary

    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlfaq2/What_are_the_Perl_newsgroups_on_Usenet__.html

    > Then you'd better learn some Usenet manner or go away!
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Isn't there someone else you should be telling about not posting to Usenet
    groups because in reality you do not know any real answers and are
    determined to be of no real help!

    PLEASE do not bother replying again with more about what to read.

    BTW That should be Usenet manners ! Check www.dictionary.com and you will
    find the correct plural of manner. I suggest you read all about this before
    responding to anything else.

    Gary

    Gary, Nov 8, 2003
  8. Gary wrote:
    > Isn't there someone else you should be telling about not posting to
    > Usenet groups because in reality you do not know any real answers and
    > are determined to be of no real help!

    *PLONK*

    PROUD TO PLONK
    Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
    posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
    Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 8, 2003
  9. Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    >> Isn't there someone else you should be telling about not posting
    >> to Usenet groups because in reality you do not know any real
    >> answers and are determined to be of no real help!

    > *PLONK*
    >
    > PROUD TO PLONK
    > Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
    > posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy
    > you. Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.

    Well, I haven't bothered to learn how to filter certain posters, but
    in this case I'll follow the rest of your advice from now on.

    Thanks, Jürgen!

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 8, 2003
  10. Gary

    GIMME Guest

    The simple answer to your question is :

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl
    print"Content-type: text/html\n\n";
    print<<EOF;
    Hello World
    EOF

    Personally, I don't use the CGI module to create controls, only
    to fetch parameters.

    GIMME, Nov 18, 2003