Printing from HTML/Perl

Gary

I need to read a table from MySQL into a Perl script (already working) and
then be able to print fields from the table selectively using a print button
which is part of the HTML/CGI.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

Help appreciated
Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Gary said:
I need to read a table from MySQL into a Perl script (already
working) and then be able to print fields from the table
selectively using a print button which is part of the HTML/CGI.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this.

Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
included in your studies.

Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
Learn how to create CGI scripts. "perldoc CGI" should better be
included in your studies.

Please do not post cryptic RTFM answers. If you do not know keep quiet.

Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Gary said:
Please do not post cryptic RTFM answers. If you do not know keep
quiet.

But I know rather well.

If you are not ready to study the docs, please stop posting to Usenet
groups that discuss the Perl language. Go here instead:

http://jobs.perl.org/

Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
But I know rather well.

If you are not ready to study the docs, please stop posting to Usenet
groups that discuss the Perl language. Go here instead:

http://jobs.perl.org/
What do you know 'rather well'. Certainly not English!

You spend all your time posting about how not to post or trying to appear
smart.

i.e.

First of all, this is no longer a valid public newsgroup. You will
reach more people at comp.lang.perl.misc

To which group OP posted as well yesterday. A case of multi-posting.
You answered in clpmisc as well, btw. :)

To Stuart: Do *not* multi-post!

======

What is the point - Again just keep quiet please or your noise may put off
real answers !

I am sure I am not the first to notice your complete lack of any real
assistance in favour of static and bravado.

Please do not bother to reply, as this really is a waste of my time when I
could be reading perldoc !

Gary

Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
True. But I know how to put a spoke in lazy people's wheels. :)

Please read this in the Perl FAQ:
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlfaq2/What_are_the_Perl_newsgroups_on_Usenet__.html

Then you'd better learn some Usenet manner or go away!

Isn't there someone else you should be telling about not posting to Usenet
groups because in reality you do not know any real answers and are
determined to be of no real help!

PLEASE do not bother replying again with more about what to read.

BTW That should be Usenet manners ! Check www.dictionary.com and you will
find the correct plural of manner. I suggest you read all about this before
responding to anything else.

Gary

Jürgen Exner

Gary said:
Isn't there someone else you should be telling about not posting to
Usenet groups because in reality you do not know any real answers and
are determined to be of no real help!

*PLONK*

PROUD TO PLONK
Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.

jue

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Jürgen Exner said:
*PLONK*

PROUD TO PLONK
Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy
you. Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.

Well, I haven't bothered to learn how to filter certain posters, but
in this case I'll follow the rest of your advice from now on.

Thanks, Jürgen!

GIMME

The simple answer to your question is :

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print"Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print<<EOF;
Hello World
EOF

Personally, I don't use the CGI module to create controls, only
to fetch parameters.