Printing in Python

uri bushey

So I have a tkinter based little program in Python that has a canvas
loaded with a WaveSurfer (http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/) widget.

I am trying to print the contents of the WaveSurfer canvas. Is there an
easy way to do this in Python? Also, I can pretty easily use the
WaveSurfer "print" function in my program, but taht only prints to a
PostScript printer or prints out a PostScript file.

I would like to automate the process of printing the PostScript file in
a manner that is not terribly unwieldy and as transparent to the user as
possible. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Roger Binns

uri said:
I am trying to print the contents of the WaveSurfer canvas. Is there
an easy way to do this in Python? Also, I can pretty easily use the
WaveSurfer "print" function in my program, but taht only prints to a
PostScript printer or prints out a PostScript file.

Printing was one major reason I dumped Tkinter in favour of
wxPython which does the printing side on all platforms well.
I would like to automate the process of printing the PostScript file
in a manner that is not terribly unwieldy and as transparent to the
user as possible. Is this possible?

On Windows, users can install PDFCreator and associate it with
..ps files.

You may also want to look to see if you can generate PDF instead
of postscript (eg reportlab).

Roger