Printing multiple "documents"

Jeremy

I don't know if this is really a javascript question but thought I may
as well start here...

I know that a "document" is what is displayed in a browser window.
However it is possible for the docuemnt that is displayed to be composed
from a number of documents with perhaps a separator between each one.

In our application, the user would at the moment be able to click a
button which opens a window and presents a single form which has been
filled in by a user. These users like to print these off and review them
on hard copy - that's the way they work.

So instead of pulling up each document (completed form) in a window,
clicking print and then repeating this for every document (there may be
50 or more), they would like to be able to request that all (where we
define exactly what "all" actually means!) documents (completed forms)
from a single operation.

Now one thought is to generate all the documents (completed forms) into
a browser window and then have the user click "print" and then let them
all come out together. To make this work effectively we will have to
embded some kind of coding into the documents that tells the browser to
cause a page break - can anyone advise on what this should be - perhaps
it is browser-dependent?

Would appreciate your thoughts/comments/suggestions on this and other
approaches?

Many thanks....

Rob

You may want to look at CSS's @media print {} functionality.