    I'm looking for a Win32::printer equivalent for OSX - any ideas? Needs
    to be a fairly primitive printing API so I can draw on the page etc.,
    like the Win32::printer module. Any ideas?
    philkime, Jun 15, 2008

  2. philkime

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth philkime <>:
    > I'm looking for a Win32::printer equivalent for OSX - any ideas? Needs
    > to be a fairly primitive printing API so I can draw on the page etc.,
    > like the Win32::printer module. Any ideas?

    Since OS X uses PDF as its native graphics format, can you not use one
    of the PDF-creating modules (there are several) and then send that to
    the printer?

    Ben

    --
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off
    the shoulder of Orion; I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the
    Ben Morrow, Jun 16, 2008

  3. philkime

    philkime Guest

    On Jun 15, 4:20 pm, Ben Morrow <> wrote:
    > Quoth philkime <>:
    >
    > > I'm looking for a Win32::printer equivalent for OSX - any ideas? Needs
    > > to be a fairly primitive printing API so I can draw on the page etc.,
    > > like the Win32::printer module. Any ideas?

    > Since OS X uses PDF as its native graphics format, can you not use one
    > of the PDF-creating modules (there are several) and then send that to
    > the printer?

    I could but I was hoping for something a little more primitive. Nice
    thing about the Win32::printer was that it used the OS native print
    dialog.
    philkime, Jun 16, 2008