Printing on OSX

philkime

I'm looking for a Win32::printer equivalent for OSX - any ideas? Needs
to be a fairly primitive printing API so I can draw on the page etc.,
like the Win32::printer module. Any ideas?

Ben Morrow

Quoth philkime said:
I'm looking for a Win32::printer equivalent for OSX - any ideas? Needs
to be a fairly primitive printing API so I can draw on the page etc.,
like the Win32::printer module. Any ideas?

Since OS X uses PDF as its native graphics format, can you not use one
of the PDF-creating modules (there are several) and then send that to
the printer?

Ben

philkime

Since OS X uses PDF as its native graphics format, can you not use one
of the PDF-creating modules (there are several) and then send that to
the printer?

I could but I was hoping for something a little more primitive. Nice
thing about the Win32::printer was that it used the OS native print
dialog.