printing

DMc

Hi,

Is it possible to set the default print mode to landscape in html. I'm
looking for something similar to the page-break method.

tia,
DMc.

rf

[crossposted groups removed, not on my server]

DMc said:
Hi,

Is it possible to set the default print mode to landscape in html.

No. Browsers do not expose the print interface.

Cheers
Richard.

Jukka K. Korpela

DMc said:
Is it possible to set the default print mode to landscape in html.

You need to read a good primer on HTML if you have thought that HTML could
possibly contain something for such issues.
I'm looking for something similar to the page-break method.

Well, that's a completely different issue, but it too is not within the
realm of HTML, any more than reading the page in female voice is.

You will find something for both of these issues in CSS specifications, but
since they are so poorly supported in current implementations, why don't you
start from the FAQs? E.g.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/effects.html#page-break
Actually the browser support to _causing_ page breaks is relatively good
nowadays (FAQs get old, too) - but virtually nonexistent for _preventing_
them where they are not desired.

If problems remain, don't forget to explain the actual situation and include
a URL for it.

Followups trimmed.