    looking for something similar to the page-break method.

    tia,
    DMc.

    DMc, Nov 2, 2003

  2. DMc

    rf Guest

    [crossposted groups removed, not on my server]

    "DMc" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to set the default print mode to landscape in html.

    No. Browsers do not expose the print interface.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 2, 2003

  3. "DMc" <> wrote:

    > Is it possible to set the default print mode to landscape in html.

    You need to read a good primer on HTML if you have thought that HTML could
    possibly contain something for such issues.

    > I'm looking for something similar to the page-break method.

    Well, that's a completely different issue, but it too is not within the
    realm of HTML, any more than reading the page in female voice is.

    You will find something for both of these issues in CSS specifications, but
    since they are so poorly supported in current implementations, why don't you
    start from the FAQs? E.g.
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/effects.html#page-break
    Actually the browser support to _causing_ page breaks is relatively good
    nowadays (FAQs get old, too) - but virtually nonexistent for _preventing_
    them where they are not desired.

    If problems remain, don't forget to explain the actual situation and include
    a URL for it.

    Followups trimmed.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/