Problem addressing my textboxes, what are in a repeater

Simon

Hi all,

I'm having a problem. I have a repeater that displays two textboxes per row.
I wasn't sure how to address them but someone suggested that I use the
Item.FindControl method to identify each textbox and just let asp.net name
them automatically.

I thought that would be fine.

My current problem is, the items that are stored in the Items collection are
actually RepeaterItems and not textbox items. I can't figure out how to get
the value in the textbox out of the RepeaterItem class.

Can anyone help?

Thanks all

Simon

Zuzar Lakdawala

Hi,
The RepeatorItem has a findcontrol method which you can use to get the
textbox object out of it.

Regards,
Zuzar L.

Simon Harvey

Hi

Can you show me how to do that?

I don't know the name of the textboxes as they are named automatically. I
could loop through them and test to see if they are textboxes but I can't
get that to work

Thanks

Simon