Update problem using repeater controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by B. Chernick, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. B. Chernick

    B. Chernick Guest

    (This is a continuation of my earlier post - 'Beginners question about
    binding/formatting a repeater'.)

    I'm trying to write a fairly minimal web app using a repeater control. I am
    accustomed to using GridViews and DetailViews with their self-generated
    update buttons but I have almost no experience with repeaters.

    As usual I have created an xsd. I've bound the repeater control to an
    object data source. The itemtemplate of the repeater contains a user control
    that is mostly textboxes.

    The display works fine. The page displays multiple usercontrols in a 2
    dimensional layout, one record per user control.

    What I have not figured out yet is the update. What I would like to do is
    have one button on the screen that triggers an update of any and all user
    controls within the repeater. Is this scenario possible?

    All of the documentation I've seen so far seems to be focused on responsing
    to events within a single instance of a repeater item. Do I need to somehow
    iterate through the collection of user controls within the repeater and
    trigger an update in each one?
    B. Chernick, Jul 28, 2008