problem building ruby-gnome

Joe Van Dyk

Hi,

I've got my gtk headers (and ruby) installed in a subdirectory in my home dir.

I'm trying to build the ruby-gnome bindings, but the (I think)
pkgconfig part fails to find where I'm hiding the gnome headers/libs.
How can I tell it where the gnome files are?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Van Dyk

Hi,

I've got my gtk headers (and ruby) installed in a subdirectory in my home dir.

I'm trying to build the ruby-gnome bindings, but the (I think)
pkgconfig part fails to find where I'm hiding the gnome headers/libs.
How can I tell it where the gnome files are?

Thanks,
Joe

Generally, what I do with autoconf is
/configure --prefix=$HOME/mine_linux
where $HOME/mine_linux is where I install various linux packages.

But
ruby extconf.rb --prefix=$HOME/mine-linux
didn't work either.

Joe Van Dyk

Generally, what I do with autoconf is
./configure --prefix=$HOME/mine_linux
where $HOME/mine_linux is where I install various linux packages.

But
ruby extconf.rb --prefix=$HOME/mine-linux
didn't work either.

Example:

% ruby extconf.rb --prefix=$HOME/mine-linux
extconf.rb: Entering directory `glib'
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for gobject-2.0... no
extconf.rb: Leaving directory 'glib'
extconf.rb: Entering directory `gdkpixbuf'
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for gdk-pixbuf-2.0... no

Joe Van Dyk

Example:

% ruby extconf.rb --prefix=$HOME/mine-linux
extconf.rb: Entering directory `glib'
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for gobject-2.0... no
extconf.rb: Leaving directory 'glib'
extconf.rb: Entering directory `gdkpixbuf'
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for gdk-pixbuf-2.0... no

Oh, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to $HOME/mine-linux/lib.

Masao Mutoh

I've got my gtk headers (and ruby) installed in a subdirectory in my home dir.

I'm trying to build the ruby-gnome bindings, but the (I think)
pkgconfig part fails to find where I'm hiding the gnome headers/libs.
How can I tell it where the gnome files are?

You need to modify pkg-config files(*.pc) by hand, or re-install pkg-config
to fit your environment, I don't recommand it though.

Joe Van Dyk

Masao said:
Hi,

You need to modify pkg-config files(*.pc) by hand, or
re-install pkg-config to fit your environment, I don't
recommand it though.

Odd. I managed to get 0.11 and 0.10 working somehow, and it didn't involve
editing pkg-config files. I thought all I did was specify the --prefix
option to extconf.rb.